Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas Almost-Paleo Pumkin Spice Bundt Cake

My in-laws came to celebrate Christmas with us this year. My father-in-law has celiac disease, but I really wanted to make a nice dessert for Christmas Day dinner. I found a recipe for Paleo Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Coconut Cream Glaze at a blog I follow called Clean Eats in the Zoo. I have attempted other gluten-free dessert recipes in the past that have not turned out so well, so I was a little anxious about trying this one for a special meal. Luckily, my in-laws are very forgiving and are good subjects for experimenting with new recipes.


I did not have coconut cream on hand, so I made a simple (but decidedly non-paleo) powdered sugar icing made with leftover coconut milk. Aside from putting the icing on too soon, which caused it to melt more than it should have, I must say that it turned out beautifully. And it was oh so yummy! One secret ingredient that gave it that extra something was pureed pumpkin that I had in the freezer from the fall harvest. Every one of my very health conscious family members had seconds. I just love it when that happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment